St. Vincent de Paul Regional School is a faith-filled, family-centered, diverse com-
munity. True to our Catholic tradition, children learn to serve others. Our rigorous
academics prepare our students to become effective leaders in an ever-changing global society.
At St. Vincent's, serving others is integrated into our students' every day life. Food Pantry collections, donations to various shelters in our community, our Annual Seniors Thanksgiving Dinner given by the seventh grade students, and our PB&J Club are some of our school's conscientious efforts to serve others.
St. Vincent's students learn in an atmosphere where education of the whole child is fundamental; an education of mind, hearts, and souls with a curriculum enhanced through the integration of Catholic faith values. We believe this is possible through the support of our school families, parishioners, and a dedicated faculty and staff committed to preparing students to lead lives of meaning and purpose.
In 1961, St. Vincent de Paul Regional School opened it's doors, under the direction of Monsignor Charles Beausang and the Sisters of St. Joseph's Chestnut Hill. There were only three grades, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and 74 students were enrolled. In 1963, they added 4th grade; in 1965, they added 5th grade; and in 1966, they added 6th grade. By 1980, they had added 7th and 8th grades, and enrollment peaked to 249 students. In September, 1994, the school opened its new addition with new administrative offices, a Kindergarten class, and the multi-purpose room with kitchen!
John W. Underhill's store. He operated this store until 1913. It later became Fiorey's Pool Room, and then Joe's (Sorrentino) Pool Room. It is now the site of St. Vincent De Paul School.